– SLANG Worldwide Inc. (CNSX: SLNG) (“SLANG” or the “Company“), a leading global cannabis consumer packaged goods (CPG) company with a diversified portfolio of popular brands, today announced the election of four new directors who will add considerable expertise in consumer products, marketing, corporate strategy and financial management to its Board.
Joining SLANG’s Board are the following individuals:
- Chris Donnelly is the founder of four start-up ventures across consumer products, digital marketing, and outdoor advertising. In 2002, Mr. Donnelly helped create the subsidiaries group within Nike. In 2006, Mr. Donnelly joined Oakley as SVP of Global Strategy and Product, where he rebuilt the organizational structure for all 3,000 employees to align the company around its top priorities. Over 9 years, through 450 new retail stores and 4 website launches, he shifted the direct to consumer business from 11% of revenues to 48%. Since 2016, Mr. Donnelly has spent his time advising and investing in consumer businesses.
- Kelly Ehler is a Chartered Accountant and former auditor with PWC and banker with Bank of Montreal. He has sat on various public company corporate boards and board committees including additional roles as Audit Committee chair. He has led several companies, from start-ups to billion-dollar public companies, as CFO in a variety of industries and countries. His experience covers debt financing, due diligence, acquisitions and dispositions, audits, consolidations, multi jurisdiction entities and multijurisdictional public companies. Mr. Ehler also serves as CFO of SLANG.
- Matt Fraser is President and COO at CANarchy Craft Brewery Collective (“CANarchy”) where he leads all business operations across the portfolio of craft breweries. Under his leadership, CANarchy has grown to the 8th largest craft brewery in the United States and operates 8 manufacturing locations and 16 brewpubs and taprooms. He initially joined CANarchy as CFO, with responsibility for financial reporting and analysis, forecasting and overall budget management. Mr. Fraser previously spent eight years at Lazard Frères in its Middle Market advisory group.
- Robert (Bob) Verdun specializes in helping businesses with their go to market/growth strategies and effective ways to maximize shareholder value. He has recently been involved in dozens of M&A transactions, advising company owners on strategies for growth, acquisitions, mergers and capital raises. As President and Chief Executive Officer of Computerized Facility Integration, Mr. Verdun established partnerships with some of the leading companies in its industry and became IBM’s largest global partner for multiple product lines.
“We are very pleased to welcome four new directors with tremendous experience leading and counseling growth companies across a range of sectors. Their insights will be valuable as SLANG continues to execute on its vision of becoming the leading CPG company in the cannabis space,” said SLANG Chairman and CEO Peter Miller. “On behalf of the Company, I would also like to thank Chris McElvany, William Stocks and Olaf van Tulder for their contributions to our Board during the crucial early stages of our growth.”
All seven of the nominees listed in the Management Information Circular dated June 9, 2020 were elected as directors of the Company at its annual and special meeting of shareholders held in a virtual format on July 8, 2020. Re-elected directors include Chris Driessen, Peter Miller and Keith Stein. Messrs. Donnelly, Fraser, Stein and Verdun are all considered independent directors of the Company.
Media and Investor inquiries
About SLANG Worldwide Inc.
SLANG Worldwide Inc. is a global leader in the cannabis CPG sector with a diversified portfolio of popular brands distributed across the United States. The Company specializes in acquiring and developing market-proven regional brands as well as launching innovative new brands to seize global market opportunities. SLANG is listed on the Canadian Securities Exchange under the ticker symbol SLNG. For more information, please visit www.slangww.com.
This news release contains statements that constitute “forward-looking statements.” Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause actual results, performance or achievements, or developments in the industry to differ materially from the anticipated results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are statements that are not historical facts and are generally, but not always, identified by the words “expects,” “plans”, “anticipates”, “believes”, “intends”, “estimates”, “projects”, “potential” and similar expressions, or that events or conditions “will”, “would”, “may”, “could” or “should” occur.
Forward-looking statements are necessarily based upon a number of estimates and assumptions that, while considered reasonable by management of SLANG at this time, are inherently subject to significant business, economic and competitive risks, uncertainties and contingencies that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in such statements. Investors are cautioned not to put undue reliance on forward-looking statements. Applicable risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to regulatory risks, risks related to the COVID-19 global pandemic, changes in laws, resolutions and guidelines, market risks, concentration risks, operating history, competition, the risks associated with international and foreign operations and the other risks identified under the headings “Risk Factors” in SLANG’s final long form prospectus dated January 17, 2019 and “Risks and Uncertainties” in the management discussion and analysis for the year ended December 31, 2019, as filed on SEDAR at www.sedar.com. SLANG is not under any obligation, and expressly disclaims any intention or obligation, to update or revise any forward-looking information, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as expressly required by applicable law.
The Canadian Securities Exchange has not reviewed, approved or disapproved the content of this news release.